Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press report on my settlement

Here's a link to The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press's coverage of my settlment with the Army.

In this report, the key quote comes from my attorney, Eugene Fidell.
"I hope this will cause the people who are responsible for responding to FOIA requests to take another look at the law," Fidell said. "People shouldn't have to litigate this. It's a shame Mrs. Esposito had to take [the Army] to court. It should have been resolved long before it came to this."
Needless to say, I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Fidell. I too hope that those tasked with answering requests for government information under FIOA recommit themselves to the law. I further hope that the story of my run-in with the Army, coupled with the experiences of other Americans in bureaucratic obfuscation, will compel the Congress to strengthen FIOA in favor of disclosure.

1 comment:

LDS SEO said...

Dear Siobhan
As a fellow graduate of your husband's school, Valley Forge Military Academy, want to express my most sincere condolences in the passing of your husband. Having a young girl myself, it is heart-breaking to know what is happening to you in this pursuit for justice.
No words I can express will alleviate the pain you are feeling, but just wanted to let you know that you and your little one are in my prayers. Your little one is adorable!!! God Bless you.