Saturday, June 7, 2014

'[A]s a leader he always showed a quality of courage beyond the strongest of leaders.'

Dominic Oto, the officer who replaced Phillip as H&H Commandant after Phillip was murdered, has posted a fitting tribute to Phillip's memory on his website. Here is an excerpt:
Straightness, honesty, naturalness, loyalty, courage—all these qualities could be used to describe Phil, but none is quite right, for the quality that made him a good man and great friend embraces all these. Many of the heroes I write about possess courage, charm and professional skill. Phil, by contrast, is celebrated as a hero because his intelligence, nobility and most of his all his generosity matched his courage. He was braver than any of us. He was the best of us. He is missed fiercely.

1 comment:

chris lapier said...

Mrs Esposito I served with your husband thru all of ft drum and into Iraq he was tasked with a very difficult job and he did the absolute best with the limits of what he had.He would task me difficult jobs and I would always ask him why me and he always told me he knew I would get it done and I never wanted to disappoint him im so sorry for your loss. SSG Chris LaPier